Junior Designer (would consider mid-level candidates)
Graphitas is a creative agency based in Lowestoft that works on projects for a variety of leading brands. Strategic creativity is at the heart of everything we do as an agency. The team there are passionate about innovative thinking to engage audiences, creating bold experiences and game-changing moments for our clients.
We’re looking for a very talented Junior Designer with skills spanning print and digital to join our close-knit design team on a permanent basis. We’d love an ambitious individual with a passion for design looking to begin or develop their career within an agency environment.
You have a strong understanding of design principles and a passion to expand your skills. You will be proactive and well organised, capable of working independently and collaboratively while being adept at handling tight deadlines, across multiple projects, in a fast-paced studio environment.
Above all you’ll have the drive and ‘can do’ attitude to fast track your career in a creative agency.
What experience is required?
Ideally, you’d have at least a year’s experience in a design studio and a well-crafted portfolio to demonstrate the best design process and thinking is a must. You’ll be in possession of strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to clearly articulate your your ideas. You’ll be highly proficient with the Adobe suite and have an interest in digital advertising.
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong visual design skills, including a deep understanding of typography, composition, and use of colour with a strong attention to detail
- Experience with creating print, digital web-based design work
- Experience designing for responsive web and mobile
- Understanding of user-centered interaction design and web standards
- Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and XD
- Experience using WordPress (a bonus but not essential)
- Fundamental knowledge of end to end design process and an understanding of UX principles
- Experience in creating beautiful, high-fidelity user interfaces and interactive prototypes
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends and standards
- Ability to manage large volumes of work with tight deadlines
- Outstanding creativity, enthusiasm, sense of humour, team spirit are essential
What’s in it for you?
In return we offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, a team orientated atmosphere where you can learn from the best and experience a huge array of interesting projects! You will have access to lots of training, plenty of benefits and perks too!