Below is a step by step guide to uploading an “unlisted” Video to Youtube. Unlisted means that this video can only be viewed by a user that has the link to the video. This means the video will not be listed on youtube search or under the uploaders profile.
Guide to publishing an “unlisted” video to YouTube
1. Once signed in to youtube with the account you wish to use. click the “upload” button in the top right corner.
3. Change dropdown to “unlisted”
4. Upload the video file from your computer.
5. Fill out basic info (title, description etc.) if needed.
6. Click advanced settings.
7. (optional)To disable comments and notifications to existing subscribers Un-tick the following options:-
Users can view ratings for this video,
Make video statistics on the watch page publicly visible.
8. Click done and wait for video to upload.
9. Once the video has finished uploading click embed to use the video in the on your site.
That is it! Your video is now only viewable by people who have the direct link to it.